Wednesday, December 1, 2010

"The Hat Man"...Part Three

Who...(Or WHAT) Is "The Hat Man" ??



 More eye-witness accounts...


(From "Unexplained-Mysteries.com")

I too have had my experiences with the "Shadow Man"... though for some unknown reason, he appeared in great detail to me. I have told this story to many people and they all say it's the "Shadow Man"...

Just after Christmas, I began dating a girl whom I eventually thought I was in love with. We lasted a little over a year, and when it was over... it was over. She did things that I thought would drive me to my breaking point, but somehow, I managed to keep myself together, or so I thought... The summer after she broke up with me, what friends I did manage to hold on to, would take turns watching over me. One summer night, they decided to throw a party at a friend's house. She ended up finding out about this, and decided it would be in everyone's best interest if she showed up. She was quickly removed from the situation, but regardless, I relocated myself to the isolation of the second floor of the house. I sat in this room for the rest of the night. My friends came to check on me and would eventually pass out in front of me, leaving me to sit in a circle of their "lifeless" bodies. As time passed, I began to notice someone else in the room. He stood up and seemingly glided across the floor and crouched down in front of me. He was tall and thin, dressed in victorian attire. Almost how you would expect Jack the Ripper to look. He was wrapped in a dark duster with a collarless white shirt and round rimmed glasses. His cheeks were gaunt, mutton chops outlined his face. As we sat face to face, he was trying to convince me to kill myself. When dawn came, I was still sitting on the floor, but I did not remember the man leaving. I don't remember the conversation ending. I thought it may have been a dream until one of my friends explained to me at breakfast that my voice had woken him from sleep sometime in the morning. He told me that he lay there watching me have a one-sided conversation. He said that it seemed like nothing I was saying made any sense to him, but did at the same time. I thought that this was simply a sign of my sanity finally slipping away from me, until I did some research into a "man in black" and found that other people had seen something similar to what happened to me that night.


(From "Doctor Fong's House Of Mysteries!")
I saw the hat man. This is not a lie or fabrication. I really saw this. As a child I was laying in the lower bunk of a bed I shared with my younger brother. I was about seven years old. I was looking across my room toward a foyer where the entrance to the New York apartment was located. Just beyond and down the hall was my parents' room. Across from the entrance door which had all sorts of security devices including a dead bolt various key locks, a chain, and even a steel rod that slid into a socket in the floor, was the kitchen area.

I sat there one night staring in front of the entrance,which was lit very brightly by a small night light. I stared at some tiny mice that jumped around a small bag of garbage next to the kitchen entrance or threshold.

Suddenly, it appeared. It was not a man, but some kind of entity. I mean it was totally black like a two-dimensional figure, but it did have the outline of a man wearing a derby. It carried a briefcase and a cane. It simply traversed the metal door and stood there for a moment, in plain sight. It was so black that it literally "popped-out." Then it looked around both ways. I was frozen with absolute fear. Then it walked into the kitchen and that was all.

I have been traumatized ever since.

There is something going on that no one knows about. Some claim to know, but I think they are lying. What is really remarkable is that many years went by then one day I decided to Google images and I typed "hat" and "man." I could not believe that others had witnessed similar things. I even saw a picture of it on the net.

Whatever it is, it is indeed a phenomenon. My intuition tells me that these beings are slaves of some sort, and that they work for an evil source.

I also had another experience , but with an invisible one. This other experience has led me to believe that there are some beings out there that do not have our best interest at heart. This particular one laughed at me with a very arrogant , diabolical, and condescending manner. It literally held me in a state of fear, and it seemed to feed of this fear. It had the ability to move in my dimension as an invisible force.

So as you can imagine, except for my feeble faith in God, I am perpetually afraid.

-RM




Dr. Scott (of Syracuse NY) said... 
 
"About 15 years ago in cookeville, Tennessee, I shared a house with three roommates. I was also active in exploring paranormal and psychic phenomenon. I'd had some strange encounters with moths, and when I meditated on them, I saw this figure... substantially the same as is being described here. I also received a name: Djerva. I could find no references to this name at the time (before Google!) Apparently, it's a Scandanavian name--I still don't know if it has a particular meaning. One night, when everyone else was asleep, I got up and went to the kitchen for a glass of water. it was pitch black except for the light coming through the windows from a pole light on a side-street. As I stood there, the microwave oven beeped, and the timer set to 1:13 and started counting down. The oven did not turn on. I watched, frozen with creeped-out curiousity. When the timer reached zero, the display just went black as if nothing had happened. I felt as though I was being watched. Later that week, I had come home from work, laid down for a nap, and awoken around 8:30 p.m. I put on my bathrobe and went down the hall to the kitchen where my friends mike and Michelle were talking. When I came around the corner, they both stopped talking and looked at me as if were painted blue or something. Mike said "How'd you change clothes so fast?" I said, "I've been in my room for hours." Michelle said, "Tthat wasn't you who just walked in and went down the hall?" (the side door we all used opened into the kitchen, opposite the hallway.) They both began to go pale, and I asked them a few questions... they had both seen, out of the corner of their eyes while talking, someone tall like me, dressed darkly, come through the door and go down the hallway. Mike said he thought the figure was wearing a hat. I asked them whether either of them actually remembered the door opening and closing, and their eyes got wide. Neither of them did, and Michelle literally began to freak out. A search of the house turned-up nothing unusual. I have had minor brushes with this same figure repeatedly over the years, but nothing so visual as what they described. The following week, Mike encountered something in the dark hallway in the middle of the night that scared him so bad that he totally refused to talk about it, and he wasn't quite himself for weeks afterward."
 
 
 
 
Cassie L. said... 
 
"I have been seeing the Hat Man all of my life.  The first time I saw him, I was 5 or 6, I was up in Maine in sleeping in my grandparents house. I saw this man (Or shadow of a man) standing in their bay window. He seemed to be looking back and forth across the rooms, and was clutching what seemed to be a canvas bag. Scared the life out of me! I told everyone the next morning and NO ONE believed me. So I thought I was hallucinating. Well, around when I was 17 years old, I began to see him again in our house in Conneticut. He would stand at the foot of my bed and just STARE at me.  He had huge gaping black holes for eyes, pale blonde straw like hair that stuck out from under a wide brim hat. Wearing what seemed to be a trenchcoat like thing, underneath, a collared white shirt and black pants.  It wouldn't totally scare me, but I didn't quite like the fact that it was there. I told him if he wasn't going to leave me alone, then at least move, so he stood at the head of my bed instead. I saw him there until the day we moved out when I was 19.  Now I'm 25 and I am seeing him again, different town...but this time he brought friends. I don't really know if these things or the Hat Man are "evil" but I do believe they are interdimensional beings and they seem very curious. ALTHOUGH, I saw a figure standing over my son's bed a few nights in a row... Finally, I asked them what they wanted...they said, "We want him, we want his soul."  I said, "Well you can't have it, so get the hell out!"  Surprisingly, they left. I still see him and numerous other shadows around the house, they seem to be very shy though."
 
(From "About.com/Paranormal")
 
“One night, while everyone was fast asleep, my brother heard the shutter of the window open,” Reiner says...
“He peeked from under his covers and saw a hand coming through the shutter. He closed his eyes thinking that it was a dream, but when he looked again, there was now a figure of a man inside the room. This figure was so dark that even in our pitch-black room his outline was clear. Terrified, he screamed and switched on the night light beside his bed. The dark figure seemed startled and leapt out the small window.” This reaction by the figure indicates that is well aware of its surroundings. But what did it want? A year later, it returned, and behaved very mysteriously indeed... “This time the figure was already in our room,” Reiner says his brother told him. “The thing walked across our room and studied my sleeping self and our youngest brother. He then went in-between our beds and started digging with what my brother explained as a pick-like tool. The sight frightened him and he again switched on the lights and shouted for me to wake up. But this time, the figure didn't leave. It stopped its ‘digging’ and just stared at him, seeming to walk toward his bed. I woke up from his screaming, and just as I looked toward him, I saw the dark figure. It looked back at me, then back to my brother. It jumped out of the shutter just as my brother said it did before.” 
This case is significant in that the being was seen by more than one person performing the same action. But digging? At what? For what possible reason? If these are beings from some other time or dimension, we can only guess at their puzzling intentions. In another case, one of these beings was seen trying to pull up a floorboard...
"After school in 4th grade when I was 10 years old, I went to my friend's birthday party. I got back from the birthday party at 10:00 at night. We just moved into a new house. I got out of the car and my mom was already in the door, and when I was almost at the door, that's when I realized that I forgot my backpack in the car. So, I went back to the car and opened the door, and as I opened the door I felt something cold touch my neck. I know it wasn't the air because it felt really odd. I slowly turned around and I didn't see anything. So I just went on and grabbed my backpack and went in the house.
As soon as I got into the house, I went straight to bed and fell asleep right away. Then I woke up and looked at my clock and it was 12:00 midnight. That's when I heard a thumping sound in the hallway. That's when I remembered earlier that night when I felt something touch my neck. So I got out of my bed and peeked around the hallway. I couldn't believe what I saw! I saw a black figure with two red eyes staring right at me while pulling up one of the wooden floorboards!
I was so scared that I ran straight back into my room, slammed the door shut and locked it. I ran to my bed and got in bed. Then I saw the figure come straight through the door, and it just stood in front of the closed door and stared at me! Then it slowly floated backward through the door.
In the morning, the floorboard was back into the ground. The second night was kind of like the first night. I woke up at 12:00 again, hearing the thumping sound, except I was prepared this time. I was going to see what happened if I tried to scare it away by running at it. So as soon as I heard the thumping sound, I got out of my room and peered around the hallway. I saw the figuring pulling up the floorboard again and staring at me, so I ran straight at it and it just disappeared. It never happened again and I hope it never does! This is true, I swear!" 


 After all these stories, is there any reason to doubt it? 



2 comments:

  1. I think i just had an encounter with the hat man... can someone please help me understand what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in 2007 I had an experience with the Hat man. I was talking to who today is my boyfriend on the phone, as I usually do at night time, with the lights out. Then, it happened, I was listening to what J was saying and I interrupted him as I started to say "vete pal' carajo" repeatedly which is a puertorrican expression that in that case meant "get out of here". J was like what, what what iis it?! ... i said its a shaddow, what the fuck, am i going crazy?! so I quickly turned on the lights, and i could no longer see it. I calmed myself down, then I turned of the lights again, and i was scared shitless to the 2 dimensional figure of a man with a trench coat and a hat, he had holes for eyes and his hair swayed as if there where wind. he was also acompanied by 2 figures which kept flying in the form of the infinite sign (one on each side).

    I kept seeing him every night. I started sleeping with my lights on. or not sleeping at all during the night, I couldn't take it anymore so i went to live with my father. Over at his house I stopped seeing this "entity" or "entities" Until One day I was woken by the 2 smaller figurines which sat me up and told me "come on, come on you know you want to" I said NO I DON'T WANT TO. I SAID GET OUT OF HERE, YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED IN THIS ROOM OR IN THIS HOUSE in the name of JESUS CHRIST.

    Have to put out there that at that moment in time I was dealing with some stuff, emotional issues with my mother, teenage rebellion, and putting my life on track. So what I could interpret to that "invitation" was to sucumb to my old ways.

    Either way, One day I was calmly watchin TV with my dad and my boyfriend, and right there in the middle of the afternoon, one of the little abstrack figurines started to hover over the TV. My dad and my boyfirend didn't see anything, but they aren't that sensitive to those types of things... so in the middle of us watching TV I comanded that thing to leave I said "GET OUT OF HERE YOU ARE NOT WELCOME IN THIS HOUSE." and it left.

    Never seen them harrassing me again, but i do see shadows here and there sometimes over the corner of my eyes.

    I too felt that it's intentions were not good at all, and I don't know why I wanted to search this today specificaly 7 years later...

    It eased me to know that I haven't been the only one to have seen this.

    ReplyDelete