Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tales of Truly BIZARRE Haunted Houses!

Thanks for visiting! 


For my returning readers, I'd just like to say thank you for coming back! 


My blog is really "picking up speed" lately, (meaning I've had more visitors than I expected) and it's all because of YOU!


Without you, this blog would be pointless, so just know that your visits are very appreciated! :)


If this is your first visit here, then welcome to the playhouse!

I hope you'll enjoy the stories here, and will become a regular! :)


Now, one more thing I wanna mention before we get started on today's tales...


Lately, I've noticed that the font sometimes changes in between paragraphs. 


(Like it'll suddenly go from "Times" to "Arial" for no reason at all!)


And for the life of me, I can't figure out why it's doin' it, or how to fix it!?!?! 


Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I am aware of it, and I will investigate it further-In the meantime, I hope it won't be too distracting.


(Just try to enjoy the stories...and maybe if you ignore it, it'll go away!;)


Ok folks, with out further delay, I give you our first trippy tale of the day... 

 The Witches of Liverpool

 By Jennifer @ "your true tales"

A family of women is terrified by three nights of poltergeist attacks!

It has been documented that poltergeist activity often centers around girls and young women. For some reason, their particular energy stimulates this psychic phenomenon. And when a houseful of women are gathered, it’s possible that their combined energy can produce some remarkable poltergeist psychokinesis. At least, that’s one theory. Or was it some kind of spirit activity that plagued Jennifer, her two sisters, and their mother? This is Jennifer’s story...
"My father and grandfather both died in 1967 when I was four years old, leaving my mum with three girls under 13 to raise. We had a traditional residual haunting by my grandfather for many years after that, so I grew up in a “haunted house” in suburban Liverpool, NSW, Australia. We had both full-bodied apparitions and noises as experienced by us, friends, and neighbors (so we didn't feel too crazy!) but it wasn't until all of us girls had matured and I finally entered my teen years, that we then moved into poltergeist activity as well. 

My sisters and I now all live in different states, but I've concluded that we're a bit like "The Witches Of Eastwick"  and every time we three live under the same roof, trouble follows!

The haunting peaked when we were younger, but when my much older sisters returned home from failed marriages and we were all together again... we weren't disappointed! Furniture moved, rearranged itself, and things fell without cause – the “usual” poltergeist activity. 


This activity peaked one night in 1977 when my eldest sister and my mum stayed up late to have a talk. Our house was built up high and ended in full-length French windows that overlooked the yard. One of the windows was a door that led to some steps down into the yard. As they sat at the dining room table talking, my elder sister, Wendy, heard something at the glass. Mum thought it may have been moths or something hitting the glass, so she drew the curtains.

Not long after that, there was a loud bang! They got up and opened the curtains and had a look around, but there wasn't anything to be seen. When they sat back down, there were more bangs on the glass and Mum told Wendy it was just kids and to ignore it. Wendy begged Mum to call her boyfriend to come over (we were a house full of women and children), but Mum looked at the bottle of whisky they'd been drinking and thought he'd make fun of them for being drunk! So she refused. 

The bangs got worse and worse until they stopped, suddenly. Then there was noise in the driveway that ran down the side of the house. My mother described it as a swoosh, like when you flick a long baton or cane rod through the air, and then an impact on the foundations of the house. The women could feel the floor shake every time it hit.

Mum said it was heavy like a chain being swung through the air. It passed around a heavily gated corner without pause and started along the brick work under the French windows. Neither dared look through the curtains. Mum climbed in the kitchen sink trying to look down through the window at what was going on, but it was too dark.

The sound traveled along the back of the house, even changing tone when it moved from the brickwork of the foundation to the cement steps of the laundry door. They could hear it going toward the far end of the house. 

All Mum could think was, "I cannot let this go all the way around the house." So she ran out the front door, across the front lawn, and down the other side of the house to meet it...

Our front lawn has prickles and Mum didn’t feel any of them in her bare feet! But now Wendy was screaming, so Mum ran back in again. Wendy was now across the other side of the house on the lounge, absolutely terrified. She told Mum that as soon as she left, the noise had doubled back and reasserted its attentions at the windows. Then, just as mysteriously as it had started, it stopped. 

In the morning, there was dirt caking the back of the house. That was what had been hitting the house, but there was no source in our yard or neighboring yards for this particular kind of caked clay dirt.
Little did we know this was only the first of three nights of this kind of activity.


The second event, a week later, took place when I was alone in the house. I had just got out of the shower when I heard the first bang! I was now 14, and I knew what it was. 

The poltergeist had returned. 

I made sure the curtains were closed and the back doors were locked; I tried to turn the TV up, but this was just too loud. I really started to get distressed, and I started to pray. 

The good Lord was quick to answer my prayer, because suddenly, the phone rang. Uncharacteristically, Mum had felt like checking up on me, and I told her the ghost was there and to get home ASAP!

As I hung up, my middle sister, Kerry, also had the same intuition to call, and I told her the same. Kerry got home first and put me to bed. The commotion was still going on in the backyard when my sister ran out and started abusing "it". I was just worried that the neighbors would complain about the bad language!

Then I heard something at my bedroom window...
 ...trying to get in!

It sounded like scratching and seemed that it was trying to open the wooden sashes. I couldn't believe it and called to my sister. At the time, she told me nothing was there, and to calm down. It took her another 15 years for her to admit there was something at my window. She could see it, but she couldn't tell that to a hysterical 14-year-old girl at the time.

Soon, my Mum and her boyfriend were also home, the attack had stopped, and we all settled down.


A week later, we were all together watching TV when we heard the first bang! We waited for Mum's boyfriend to react (because he thought we were a little crazy), so we felt a bit better when he heard it too. This time, however, there was safety in numbers and we weren't afraid, just intrigued. 

We all went down the stairs and searched the yard, though my two dogs snarled and barked at the top of the steps and refused to enter the yard. We all came back in the house and... bang! This activity was getting a bit boring now, and only Kerry and I stayed to watch it; everyone else had gone back to watching TV. 

I noted that the dirt would appear out of the darkness into the light generated by the house. Even though our house was built up, the dirt came in a straight line, which seemed odd: for kids to be able to throw dirt in a straight line at these windows, they would have had to be 20 feet off the ground somewhere directly in line with these windows! As the dirt wasn't the kind from ours or neighboring yards, if it was kids, they were bringing their own dirt with them! 

I knew the dogs in the neighboring yards were outdoor dogs, and not particularly nice, and I certainly wouldn't have been going through there in the dark. Also, when the dirt was peaking, it was hitting every second or two at times. How fast were these “kids”? 

During an experiment (which scared my mother to half to death!) I had proved it was possible to throw dirt at the window, but for any accuracy, you had to be close enough to be seen in the backyard lights, and we couldn't see anyone within throwing distance because the area was illuminated.

Kerry and I pulled the curtains and went back to watching TV as well. The “thing” never came back… but that was the only time I was really scared of our ghost."

"The Duplex Poltergeist"

  By Sheri @ "your true tales"

Terrifying events lead to a horrible secret!

Like many young couples with a new baby, Sheri and her husband just wanted a nice home for their growing family. They thought they found it... until a series of terrifying events drove them away and they learned of the building’s horrible secret. This is Sheri’s story...

"In July, 2001, four months after the birth of our son, my husband and I decided it was time for a bigger apartment. Through an Internet search, we found some apartments to look at, but when we got to the building, there no one was in the office. 

As we were leaving, we noticed there was a duplex across the street for rent. We pulled into the driveway to check it out. As it turned out, it was perfect for our little family – exactly what we were looking for. This was in Richardson, Texas, not far from Dallas. We planned our move for September. 

The Voices
Before we had even moved all of our stuff in, I noticed strange things happening, but I always tried to explain them away. The first incident was the day we received the keys. My husband was at work so I went over to the duplex with my son in tow to clean the place before we started moving everything over. 

I put a blanket down for my son in his room and lay him there with some toys to keep him busy while I cleaned. I vacuumed the living room and then went to check on my son. He had fallen asleep, so I cleaned the kitchen. I noticed there were all kinds of dishes in the cupboards; I just figured the previous tenants had forgotten them, so I put them aside so we could give them to the owner. Then I went back to the bedroom and saw that my son was still sleeping soundly and figured I had just enough time to clean the bathroom before he woke up for a bottle. 

While I was cleaning the bathroom, I could hear muffled voices, as if two people were having a conversation somewhere in the house. I checked our bedroom, my son’s room, the living and dining room, but of course, my son and I were the only ones there. 

I just figured it must have been the people next door. Just then my son woke up, so I gathered up our things and we went home. 

Little did I know, that stranger things were in store for us...

The Toys
We got moved and settled into the house and nothing else happened until after my son's first birthday. My husband and I were in bed, and my son was in his crib in his room. I had the baby monitor on and I heard my son moving around like he was about to wake up. I sat up and listened, and sure enough, he woke up screaming like he had had a nightmare. 

I went to his crib and tried to comfort him. I tried everything, but he would not stop crying. I took him into our living room to rock him back to sleep. A few minutes later, my husband came out into the hallway and asked what I was doing. I told him I was trying to get the baby back to sleep and he said, "Playing with his toys is not going to put him to sleep." 
I asked my husband what the heck he was talking about?

"You left the monitor on and I keep hearing all the toys go off," he said. 

We both went into our son’s room to find the toy that my husband was hearing, but to our surprise every single toy was in the off position. We turned to go out of the room and my husband turned off the light. At the exact moment that the light cut off, three of my son’s toys switched on – lights flashing and music playing. My husband quickly hit the light switch again, and as soon as the light came on, all was silent. 

He went back and checked all the toys again. The switches were all still in the off position. We were pretty freaked out, so we left the light on in our son’s room and went to our bedroom. 

 The Crucifix and More

After that night, our dogs would stand in the hallway and bark into my son’s room, yet they would never go in it. Even if I stood in the room with their box of treats, they would just sit in the doorway and stare at me. 

Other little things happened every now and then. The mini-blinds on the windows would bend down as if someone were looking out them. Dark shadows moved across my son’s room when there were no lights that would cause such shadows. Objects would inexplicably fly off the shelf in the hall closet. We would hear scratching noises that sounded like they were coming from the inside of the water heater, which was in a hallway closet. 

This all became so disturbing that I decided to hang a crucifix on my son’s wall. Every morning when I would go in there, the crucifix was turned around with the outside of the cross facing the wall.
Then one night my son fell asleep early, so I was lying in bed watching my husband play a computer game. We had the monitor on in case our son woke up. I fell asleep, but not long after, I woke up to my son moving around, whimpering like he was about to cry.
I started to get up, but my husband said, "No, stay there, see if he goes back to sleep." 

So I lay back down, and sure enough, my son went back to sleep and slept through the night. The next morning, I asked my husband why he told me not to get our son and how he knew he would go back to sleep. He said, "If I tell you this, you can’t get freaked out."

 What He Heard

I said okay. "Right before the baby woke up,” my husband told me, “I heard a voice whisper on the monitor, ‘Go ahead!’" 

Well, even though I promised my husband I wouldn’t let it freak me out, I did get scared, and from then on, our son slept in bed with us.
After that incident, my husband and I each had eerie experiences at night. We would be awakened from sleep by someone whispering in our ears. 

At this point, we wanted badly to move, but couldn’t break our lease. Then things started getting worse...

The Smell and the Cracks
We began to smell a rotten odor throughout the whole house. At first, I thought it was something in the trash, but the smell only got worse when my husband took it out of the house. Then we thought perhaps it was the garbage disposal, so I poured bleach down it. That didn’t make the smell go away either. 

It almost smelled like an animal or something had died and was rotting. We complained about it to the owner, so he had someone check out the attic. They couldn’t find anything. We cleaned the entire house top to bottom and started using air freshening plug-ins to cover the smell. Nothing ever made it completely go away. Remember, this building was a duplex, and the odd part, was that no one could smell anything in the adjacent house. 

Then we suddenly started noticing cracks appearing in the walls over doorways. The owner had someone come check out the foundation, and as usual, the guys could find nothing wrong with it; they had no explanation for the cracks. Also, no cracks appeared in the walls of the adjacent house.

The Truth About the House
We were finally coming up on the last month on our lease and I was very much looking forward to moving. I broke the news to the next door neighbor that we were moving and she asked why we weren’t renewing our lease. 

"You are going to think I am crazy," I said, then told her all about the strange things that had been happening to us. 

She didn’t say a word when I was done with my story. "I knew you weren’t going to believe me," I said, and turned to go inside.
She stopped me and said, "I’m not supposed to tell you this, but someone was killed in there." 

I was a little surprised to hear this, but found out from her, that three years before my husband and I rented the place, a teacher lived there with her male roommate. One night the roommate got into an argument with the woman, strangled her and then committed suicide. 

The owner cleaned the place up, but couldn’t rent it because every time he had told people what had happened in there, no one wanted it, which was his excuse for not mentioning it to us. 

What was in that apartment? I believe that the spirit there was a good one as I never felt like I was in danger, only a bit scared or freaked out by it all. I think maybe the spirit was just trying to communicate in some way. 

My husband thinks that she was trying to play with our son as the toys always went off by themselves, whether or not their switches were turned on. 

In any case, my husband and I were so glad to be getting out of there! We just left and never looked back!" 

 By Alex @ "your true tales"

"Everyone in this house has seen something that looks like one of us, but not exactly the same. It even imitates our voices, too. My sister says that it even copied my girlfriend in a certain way. Now this story also ties into the black-eyed people, which first started out with my brother.

Its starts out more than seven years ago with my brother, his girlfriend at that time, and my sister. Whenever my brother would get into an argument with his girlfriend or would just get real mad, she would see something in her room that looked like him, but it was pale white, had no expression, and black eyes. One night she said she woke up at night and saw the apparition or what ever it is, come out of her closet and leave her room. She got up to follow it to her parents' bedroom, and then she said that it was lying in between her parents, as it slowly turned around and looked at her. She then ran to her room and locked her door. 

My sister didn't know about this experience his girlfriend had, and told us that sometimes when she would be asleep, she would wake up and see the same figure sitting down by her bed. She was little then, so she didn't realize what it was. She thought he was really there looking over her until, she said, that she could never see his eyes. Now my brother's girlfriend had seen that figure about seven or eight times, once even when my brother was in the same room with her! That was the last time she saw that figure.

Recently, it started with my sister. I had moved out when she said these occurrences were taking place. It started out one night when she woke up to knocking at her door, and my oldest brother calling her. When she got up and opened the door, no one was there- just complete darkness. She told me this happened several times, to the point that she wouldn't even open her door at a certain time of night, unless someone was up there with her. She told everyone there, but no one wanted to believe her. Sometimes she wouldn't go to sleep until it was daylight.

Last year, I moved back in and she told me that I could take her room because she didn't want to be in that room. I heard all the stories, and told her that I wasn't scared of anything like that. I told her these things are like animals: they can sense fear, and when they do, that's when they bother you or harm you. Well, about three days later, I woke up to something knocking underneath my bed. I knew it couldn't be possible, because my bed is less than a foot off the floor. I ignored it and went back to sleep.

A couple of weeks later, it was around nine or nine-thirty, my sister was showing my mother something on the computer and I went to go talk to them. I then went to the bathroom to take a shower, they both told me that less than five minutes later, they saw this pale figure that looked like me, run out of the middle room (the room was empty- my oldest brother had moved out.) It was hunched over like it was trying not to be seen, and then it turned around and the eyes were completely black. It's mouth was open in a perfect circle that was also completely black. The figure ran towards the bathroom into the darkness. When I came out, they were both telling me about it at the same time.

A couple of more weeks later on a Sunday, I woke up to knocking on my door, and in my father's voice was telling me to get up for church. It went on for almost a minute, and like I always do I ignored it and went back to sleep. When I woke up again I started thinking about it and I snapped that they have never told me to get up on Sunday to go to church, and the other thing was that the knocking was coming from the bottom part of the door. When they got back I asked them if any of them was knocking on my door, and they both told me no. I then told them what ever was bothering Diane (my sister) was trying to mess with me too.

The following month, I came home from work one day, and my sister asked me if my girlfriend was here. I told her no, then asked why. She said that as she was walking up the stairs, she heard something run to my room. As she got to the doorway, she saw that the door was open a little and then she saw something that looked like my girlfriend walking around in the room. She then went to her own bedroom. 

When she got there, she saw whatever it was that had just been in my room. She said that it looked like her, but it was about six or seven feet tall, its arms were almost to its knees and it had black eyes and long blonde hair that covered its face! The strange figure then ran back into my room, and Diane, (frightened out of her wits) ran downstairs. 

The next day, my (real) girlfriend was going downstairs and when she turned around, she saw a shadowy figure by the stairs and my sisters room. She started banging on my wall, but when I got out of the room, nothing was there.
The last thing that happened, was about a month ago. I heard my parents leaving, but I didn't here my sister go with them. at the same time I was going to leave, I told my girlfriend that I didn't want to leave my sister there alone. Now I thought she was there because I heard her voice in her room talking and laughing, and someone moving around in there...

I knocked on her door about three times, then I kicked it, and still no answer. We went ahead and left, and got back in less than 30 minutes. 

When my parents got back, I asked them if Diane had gone with them, and they said yes. I then told them what I heard. A couple of days later, I heard it again, but I just ignored it. You can believe it or not, but I know what I've seen, and the similarity with those black-eyed people is kind of strange because I never heard of those stories until now."

Ok kids, that's all for today!

See ya soon, on the next edition of Trippy Tales From The Paranormal Files!


No comments:

Post a Comment