Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today's Trippy Tales...Stories Of Missing Time...Lapses In Reality?

"Missing Time At The Phillips 66"

"One night, I was leaving my driveway to drive one mile to town...

There were woods and few houses along the way. I had just pulled out and there was a thick fog rolling in. Very creepy at night! I had only gone a half a block at most very slowly when I saw a very bright light through the fog. This was very strange, since there was nothing near my house. 



As I drove closer, I saw a Phillips 66 gas station. It wasn't there the day before. I pulled into it in shock and a man came out. I asked him how a gas station could have been built so fast and he looked at me strangely. He said it had been there for eight years. 
 
I asked him where I was and when he told me, I began to shake uncontrollaby. I was 300 miles from home! 


I looked at the clock and I had left my driveway only two minutes before! It took all night to drive home and I shook most of the way."


"Missing Time At The Movies"
"One afternoon back in the late '80s, I decided to go see a movie by myself ... 

I arrived to watch the movie at 4:45. I parked the car, ran to the outside ticket booth and paid for my ticket. I walked in, watched the entire movie and when the credits rolled, I got up and walked out front. 

I felt funny when walking from the theater door to the lobby, like I was standing in more than one spot at the same time. It didn't hurt and it wasn't uncomfortable, just unusual.

I thought maybe it was because I had been sitting for quite awhile. 

On my way out of the theater, I noticed I didn't see anyone. Not one person in the actual theater lobby. "How odd!"  I thought.

I walked outside... (which seemed a little bright for the time of day it should have been) and got into my car. 

After starting the car, I noticed the time showing was a little after 5 o'clock!

I looked at my watch which showed what I thought was the correct time of 6:30. 

After walking into my home, I noticed that the clock had 5:15 on it!

I don't know what happened that day. I know I saw the entire movie, but apparently I was only in the theater for 15 minutes. It still haunts me to this day."

note from Queenie: After reading this story twice, it would make sense to me, that this guy's "missing time" experience, was actually just the result of a watch set to the wrong time! lol ;)

Which reminds me of a funny (true) story... 

One morning, after staying up very late the night before...

I had a dream that my car had broke down on the freeway, causing me to be late for work. (Oh no!!) 

In my dream, I called my  grandfather to come and pick me up, and I was really very upset about being late to work. It annoys my boss, and I figured I was gonna be in quite a bit of trouble over it.

Well, I worked myself in to such a frenzy in the dream, that it actually caused me to wake myself up.

Upon waking, I quickly scurried to the clock...it said 7:00.

Oh no!!!! Two hours late for work!!

After searching frantically for my cell phone, I finally found it under the dog-(don't ask!) and called work. It rang and rang and rang, but to no avail. I figured they must be frantically busy if they couldn't even stop to answer the phone, and this just made me even more nervous, because I wasn't there to help! 

So then I dug frantically through my purse to find the cell number for my manager, (a very sweet and forgiving person) rather than deal with my grouchy, no-nonsense boss.

She sounded kinda strange when she answered, but I paid it no mind, and I immediately went in to my spill about how my car had broke down, and how I'd had to call grandpa to come get me, and I would be there right away!  

 (Because in my still-groggy mind, that's what happened!  I still hadn't put two & two together that it was just a dream!)

What I also hadn't figured out yet, was that it was 7 in the morning, and not 7 at night!  

She listened quietly to my whole story, and then just started bustin' out laughing. She had figured it out before I had. 


Good thing she was a sweet & forgiving person huh?!
And no wonder she sounded so sleepy when she answered the phone!


She still hasn't let me live it down though! She's always teasing me about the time I called in "late" when I was 10 hours early for work!


Missing time?  
Or missing mind?!
 (I think it's the latter!;)


No comments:

Post a Comment