Sunday, January 30, 2011

Shadow-Man Sightings...(Part Two)

Shadow Man, Shooting Stars & Missing Time
In South Australia, Chris R. experiences a perplexing mixture of strange phenomena, which begins with an encounter with a shadow man...


Some of the most perplexing and fascinating accounts of paranormal phenomena fall under the category of high strangeness - events so odd and mysterious that they cannot be placed neatly in the files we label "ghosts" or "UFOs". 

Very often, these instances of high strangeness include a combination of seemingly unrelated phenomena. 

Do shadow people have anything to do with UFOs or aerial phenomena? 

Can they cause missing time? 

These are the puzzles Chris R. is wrestling with after a series of strange experiences in South Australia. 

This is Chris's story....

THE FOLLOWING EVENTS are true, but are a small piece of an overwhelming paranormal puzzle that seems to control my life. These events took place during April and May, 2010.


THE FIRST EVENT
April 16, 2010 - Valley View, South Australia, Australia:


"I was driving home from work on this evening. The time was approximately 16:40 (4:40 p.m.). I took my usual backstreet route home, which would take me only five minutes on a day with bad traffic. Turning from the backstreet onto a main road, I noticed a large buildup of traffic, more than what would usually be expected, even in peak-hour traffic. Curious, I detoured from my path, to take a closer look.

There was a dark figure slowly walking through the traffic, and it seemed everyone was slowing down, trying to get a better look. I've encountered shadow people before, but never like this. This one was not avoiding people's gazes like they usually do. This one clearly wanted to be seen.

A workmate of mine was also travelling through the same traffic jam, and I talked to him about it at work the next day. In the end, we decided that he would report the occurrence, and I wouldn't bother, as it didn't worry me.

About a week later, I tried talking to him again about the event, but he seemed distant and distracted about something. He resigned from his job within the week, and I never had a chance to talk to him about it again.

THE SECOND EVENT
April 27, 2010 - Holden Hill, South Australia, Australia:

My (at the time) girlfriend and I were going for a late night drive, just for the sake of it, when, for lack of a better phrase, nature called. We pulled in at a public rest room and she decided to stay in the car.

Upon arrival back to my vehicle, I found my girlfriend cowering in the passenger seat, shivering violently, and completely pale white. Jokingly, I believe I said something corny along the lines of, "You look like you've seen a ghost."

Her response was just to point. Following her indication, I looked out over the dashboard to see the night sky acting strangely. Stars were moving and falling, as if we were smack bang in the middle of a meteor shower.

I reached for my mobile phone and recorded the event for the next minute or two, when suddenly all the electronics in my car started acting strangely. Lights were flicking, my iPod's music was cutting out, my TomTom GPS system turned itself off. Needless to say, this was enough to freak her out beyond measure, and I quickly drove us away from the area.

Checking my phone's video recording the next day, I could hear us panicking, but only see a clear night sky. Doing research later, I found there was no unusual astral activity in our area that night.

THE THIRD EVENT
May 2, 2010 - Holden Hill, South Australia, Australia:

After much discussion and encouragement, I finally convinced my girlfriend to return with me to the spot where we saw the strange star display. We sat in the car and waited. It seemed like an eternity passed.

Finally, I saw something move, though not in the sky. Whatever it was, was circling the car. Being dark, I couldn't get a good look at the figure, but I already knew what it was. Another - or possibly the same - shadow man!

Suddenly he stopped directly in front of the car, and I had an overpowering urge to harm it. Turning the key and starting the engine, I revved the motor, reaching for the gear stick to put the car in first. Suddenly, the figure put out an outstretched hand, palm facing us, as if telling me to stop. I refused, but the car seemed to follow his command, stalling at 3,000 RPMs.

Suddenly, as quickly as he'd appeared, the figure vanished, and once again, the spectacular star storm began. Attempts to start the car failed, and we quickly left on foot. Following these events, I had the car serviced, and nothing was found to be wrong with it.

THE FINAL EVENT
May 15, 2010 - alternate sides of Valley View and Holden Hill, South Australia, Australia:

After convincing my girlfriend once again that we had to return to the places where our experiences occurred, we set out for a final conflict... 

Following everything we'd read, seen and researched at the time, we brought defense: iron bars, bags of salt and holy water.

We knew what we were up against, but not how to properly fight it, so we figured we'd hit it with everything.

Approaching the dreaded spot where I witnessed the traffic jam and shadow man, my iPod once again started cutting out. I was ecstatic. I was finally going to have solid proof, even if just for myself, that these things are real.

Approximately 200 meters away from the initial intersection, I reached to the back seat to ready my iron bar. The next minute there was a blinding light, and we were suddenly transported to the other side of Holden Hill! 

Three minutes had passed, but travelling no higher than the speed limit, it would have taken us between 10-15 minutes to travel that distance.

My girlfriend and I stared blankly at each other, utter disbelief on our faces.

I turned the car around and decided we would go back, but this time there was nothing. No shadows, no stars, no lights, no electrical interference, no car problems. It was as if the shadow man had found whatever he was looking for with us, and decided to leave on his own accord.

Since these events, I cannot rest easy with the shadows. I feel their presence, always watching, ever waiting. I have never had a bad experience with what I can definitely identify as shadow people before, and I hope never to have a negative encounter with them again.

Still though, looking back at the event, I feel not that it meant us harm, but was perhaps providing a warning."



Stay tuned for tomorrow's blog, when we take a look at freaky paranormal fog & terrifying time slips!


No comments:

Post a Comment