Friday, January 14, 2011

Trippy Tales...Strange Stories From The Weird Side...(Part Two)



"Something truly bizarre occurred in my life last year, during Thanksgiving week...

To give a little background, I live next door to an old woman, whose husband died five years ago. They have lived in the same house for about 50 years and her husband built it.

It's a smallish house, and in the 14 years I've lived next door, I had never been inside...I would just chat with her over the fence sometimes.

One day last year, she came to the fence all upset, and said there were men in her house and she could not get them to leave. She then asked if I would come over and ask them to please leave?

I thought it strange, and went over to see what she was talking about. I searched the whole house and found no one.

Jumping forward for a moment, it turns out she is in the beginning stages of dementia.

She was also suffering from a urinary tract infection (which can exacerbate the situation) therefore, causing her to hallucinate. I concluded that the "men" she was seeing, was part of that hallucination.

However, in searching the house, I went down to her basement, which I found very unusual. It was very small and had a "dug out" feeling.

There was a wooden floor that gave way to dirt, and there was a big hole in the wall which was also lined with dirt. I looked at it and wondered why it was there.

Did they use it for storage? It didn't seem to be a good place to put things because it looked like a big dirt tunnel, and it was so deep when I got close, I couldn't even see the end. I thought, Oh, this must be a root cellar and started looking for roots in the ceiling.

It seemed so dark that I couldn't find the "edges" of the room. In fact, the word "amorphous" came to mind. I left and told her there was no one in the house.

Two days later, she was on my doorstep with her bags all packed and thinking I was her employer from 50 years ago.

I knew she wasn't well, so my husband and I walked her back home and subsequently, took her to the hospital for treatment.

I had told my husband about the basement upon my return home, two days previously. Now I wanted him to see it for himself.

Unfortunately, this would prove to be impossible, because when we went down to the "root cellar"... it wasn't the same place!

I have absolutely no clue how it's possible, but it was roughly ten times larger, with a cement floor and white cinder block walls!


In addition, it was filled with things I would have remembered: washer and dryer, an old ten-speed bike from decades earlier, a big pile of old stuffed animals that were also from decades earlier -- things I would have remembered.

It was also very well lit. I was mortified and searched all around the house again for that room with the big dirt tunnel. I never found it and she said this was her only basement.

So not only did I see the "first" basement with the dirt tunnel when I was searching the house, I never saw the "second" one until I returned with my husband.

Both times, I searched every inch of the house. Don't forget, I was looking for someone and wanted to reassure her no one was there.

It's a small place, so I couldn't have missed it!

So I can't explain it...but it bothers me a lot!"



Freaky huh?!


See what I mean though? Some people are very bothered by the fact that their paranormal experience doesn't "make sense".

But things don't always make sense on the weird side...



And common, everyday rules don't always apply...
And in the end...it's up to us to decide what we believe...

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."
~Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment